Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wheeler Farm

Yesterday we went to Wheeler Farm, all of the cute baby animals had been born and we had a fabulous time. It was so fun watching my kids have a great time. Here are a few special things about each of them.
Ella
She is so (and I emphasize SO) independent. She is not a follower at all. She wants to do what she wants to do, when she wants to do it. This has been a source of a lot of tension between the two of us, but lately I've been realizing that this can be a major strength in her life, and I need to let her be who she is....and not push her to be something shes not. So yesterday at Wheeler Farm I was chasing Owen by the pigs and I looked around for Ella....she had gone over to the horses by herself and was petting and talking to them. Now this might not seem like that big of a deal, but I was really taken back by it. I am a little afraid of something big like a horse, and don't really like to pet them at all, or get close to them....she had absolutely no fear, and they loved her....So my case in point, She may hate all of the big rollercoasters at Disneyland(which I forced her to ride, thinking for sure once she rode them she would love them...she didn't) But she had no problem with an animal 30 times her size! We are all different! I love my stubborn little girl!


Owen
Has there ever been a sweeter little boy?! He is totally a Mama's boy(and I love it) He is so darn cute! He has been a joy since the day he was born. He is hitting the age where he is noticing everything around him, and loves to explore! I decided to let him just roam around, stroller free! He was absolutely fascinated by all of the animals, but especially the ducks....I think the pictures will tell the story, and this hilarious video!


3 comments:

Ashley McKinnon said...

They are so cute. What a good mom!!

"The Savages" said...

Bridgette, I love your Blog! So glad you joined the bloggers team...I can't believe Owen is walking around so well, I loved the video it made me laugh. Kids are so cute and yours are especially adorable! I'm excited to see you guys Saturday. Andy can hardly wait!

the mama monster said...

yeah! a new blog for me to read.it looks like you guys had fun at wheeler farm.it was so fun to see you the other day. i love watching eli and owen together, they seem to be in to the same things. ella and owen are sure cuties.
jackie