Chad and I had a date night last night, we went and saw 21(pretty good flick, I'm totally in love with the guy in it) afterwards we were crunched for time because we had to get our kids from my sister Holly, who had so graciously volunteered to watch our children. So here were our choices....Red Robin, Macools, and Applebees. Well, with Chad's uh dietary restrictions Red Robin was out.....Lilli told me Macools wasn't that great...so we went with Applebees...bad decision! It was seriously gross from start to finish. We both got steaks that came with a salad. I got ranch....it really almost made me puke...it tasted like Walmart brand ranch or something. I thought for sure my steak would be better, and it totally wasn't, it was hard as a rock and had a funny taste to it.
It just reafirmed my opinion of restaurants like that...Chilis,TGIFridays being other ones....although Chilis is the best of the three. They are just not good....why pay money for food that you can make at home, and make better! Ok, theres my rant and rave...I feel much better!
4 comments:
I hear ya. Although I do love their broccoli, chicken, alfredo, fettucine thing they have. I also love the fajitas at Chilis. I never branch out and try new things at that kind of restaurant for that very reason.
ugh! i hate hate hate applebees. and james family always choses to go there for birthdays. we actually call it "crapplebees" and i agree it is the worst one by far.
Sorry, McCools IS better than Applebee's, I should have kept my mouth shut! Sorry your food sucked, but at least you can dream about 21 man.
So when are we going to Applebees? - just kidding, I'm with you on this... I've never really liked Applebees. I do love Chili's fajitas though--very yummy! Let me know what you're up to this week w/the kiddos.
Post a Comment