Monday, August 18, 2008

All is Well!!!!!




We are here! We are somewhat settled! And everything is great! Love our house, love our neighborhood, love Ella's preshool, love my gym, and love our ward!
I apologize to anyone who has called me in the last week and a half.....I have not had one second to do anything besides unpack boxes, clean blinds, go to Wal-mart, go to Wal-mart, and oh did I mention go to Walmart!? Honestly, we are so keeping them in business this month. No one told me that when you move into a house you have to buy about a zillion things!
So the trip here was a little stressful, I have chosen to forget about the two days spent in airports and Denver, so if you want details we'll have to talk later.
When we got here (finally!) the house looked really great at first glance, but then my Mom and sister and I started to notice how actually completely dirty it was! Thank goodness they were here, we spent the next two days cleaning! The truck got here last Saturday, with Chad still not here, we had our friends Logan, Jose Luis, and some friends of his unload. They were awesome! Anyway, since then, its all pretty much a blur of getting the house ready. I had to say goodbye to my Mom, sister, and niece Kate on Thursday (I sobbed uncontrollably after I dropped them off at the airport, and had to pull over) But I've pulled it together since then, and I think we are going to do great here! Ella already has a best friend who lives directly across the street from us, and the neigborhood girls are extremely eager to babysit, and come over at least once a day to hang out and play with the kids. They stayed for dinner tonight.
There is so much more to tell, but we'll call it good for now. Love you all and miss you!

10 comments:

holly said...

i'm glad you guys are settling in even more! and you sound much better! how many rooms are done? (i won't ask how many are left--that's negative and we only want to focus on the positive!!) we love you (and miss you--but so happy you are getting back into a routine!!)
give lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of hugs and kisses from auntie holly and kate to ella and owen. say hi to chad too!!

Lilli said...

I am so glad to hear from you! I seriously have to know more about the Denver airport, but another day. Gracie asks to go to 'lanta all the time and has started thanking Hevenly Father for Ella in her prayers. Whenever we do stuff with other people she asks if Ella is going to be there....ha, seriously she has a mad girl crush on Ella. I am glad to hear that Ella has moved on! ;) Anyway, love you tons and will wait for you to call, maybe, when you have time. Take pics of the inside of the house when you are all settled.

Lilli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilli said...

So, just one more thing...I am really curious to know why you and Holly are wearing long sleaves and pants in that middle picture, isn't Atlanta supposed to be hot and muggy?!

Ashley McKinnon said...

Hi hi hi! I am so glad everything is working out and you are getting settled! I keep secretly looking for flights to Atlanta. Why doesn't Southwest and Jet Blue fly there? They fly every where else. I want to see about a buddy pass from Delta. My sis in law is a flight attendant. Maybe AnnaBelle and I (and Des because she's free) can make a trip this year sometime. Swiss Days is in a week and I will have a nice little pay check to spend. Roadtrip???

Bridgette said...

Lill,
It actually hasn't been that hot, and that day started out really cloudy....it always ends up being hot by 1 or so...we've had a few really good rainstorms. I love it!

Ash,
I think you should come tomorrow! Can you get a buddy pass for then?
Love you!

Elena said...

Thanks for the updates! I am so glad you guys are doing well. I will be blog stalking you until you come home! I smell a literator retreat in Atlanta :-)

the mama monster said...

yeah- i am so glad you made it alright and are loving it. it seems like this adventure will be right up your alley. we miss you guys already. i asked ezra what he wanted to be for halloween and he said " a ninja turtle like ella!" i think he has seen the show all of 2 times, but if ella likes it so does ezra. what is your ward like? is it very big? my grandma said that her ward in new york was the craziest bunch of crazies ever and she loved it. keep us updated!

Jeanie said...

Hello two guys and two girls:

with a little help from Carol, I finally found you! Your pictures of your life in Atlanta are wonderful. So many smiles! It's great.

I love you!

Lori said...

i've been reading through your blog and catching up. glad to hear you also sobbed when your family left. i think the two hardest days with this move was the day we drove away from utah and the day i dropped my mom and sis off at the airport. glad to hear i'm normal. :)

ps, YAY you have a blog!