Monday, August 4, 2008
Best Dad Ever!
So I have always been really close to my Dad. He has always been there for me. Starting when I was younger I remember him reading me stories every night, having arm wrestles that I always won, and assuring me that Santa was real. Everyone knew him as camera man Mel, and he never ever missed one choir concert, basketball game, volleyball game, track meet, etc..... Even though he worked graveyard shifts, and I'm sure should have been sleeping, he was always there! Things have not changed much.....he now has arm wrestles with Ella, and was at all of her soccer games. He has been our best babysitter, the kids love to have him over. I could go on and on about the things he has done for me. I feel so blessed to have him as my Dad. We had to say goodbye to him tonight and it just really hit me. I love him so much, and am going to miss him so much! Lets all pray for some cheap airfares so he can come visit us soon! We pretty much spent the weekend with him, and yesterday he did some family pictures for us up in Albion basin, and then did the hike to Cecret Lake. Heres some of the pics he took.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
those pictures are great! you little cutie, you all look great. how fun to be so close to your dad. you'll be back one day... right? please tell me you are coming back? we are still one for tomorrow right.
He is the cutest guy! I love your dad! Maybe we can get you some buddy passes for him. My sis in law is a flight attendant.
he really is the best daddy ever :)
Hey guys! I found your blog through Collins. How is the trip? My husband got into a masters program in Louisville, so we are headed out there at the end of this month. Hope things are going great! I have a blog too, scottkarapaul.blogspot.com
Kara
Wow! I love the last pic. of Chad & Ella- super awesome. we miss you already!!!!! Hope we can come out & play soon. How was the move? & r u settled in yet? We love you guys & hope to hear from you soon!
Bridgette! I just found you guys!!! Has it really been 4 years since our basketball team days?? I'd love to get back in touch! I can't believe Ella is 4. OH MY GOODNESS....time flies. We're in Louisville for another 9 months and then off somewhere else.
Heidi Maxfield
4methisisheaven.blogspot.com
Awesome pictures.
Thanks. Love you guys
Where are you????? I had a dream last night that you moved back. Wahhh!
Post a Comment