Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Good Run and Friend!

The first couple of weeks here in Georgia were a little rough for me. Not because anything was particularly wrong...our house was great, our neighborhood was great, Ella's school was great. I was just really missing my family and friends. Luckily to my rescue came Paula! Her husband, Logan, and Chad actually served their missions here at the same time, but Chad was spanish speaking and Logan was not....so they knew eachother, but not really well. Well, it just so happened that we are in the same ward! Since then Paula has gone out of her way to make me feel welcome and include me in all the goings on here. She single handedly saved my sanity with a couple of girls nights! Another great thing about Paula is she will go running with me! Running is my life line, and it is so great to have a great friend to talk with while I do it! So her and I have been running every Saturday morning in preparation for this 5k that was last Saturday, and it was a blast! I ended up beating my best ever 5k time and coming in first in my age division, and second female overall! Paula totally exceeded her expectations and came in second in our age division! We were both thrilled to say the least!














Pre-race photo















Our less than enthusiastic husbands to be up so early!
(don't worry they cheered up later!)















Ella and Pharyn....Pharyn is a young woman in our ward, and has become Ella's best friend, and the newest member of our family. She and her family are from South Africa and have the coolest accent. She spent the whole weekend with us. Ella loves it!















This is me coming into the finish line! (no not the middle aged man...behind him!)
Chad told me before the race that I needed to win, I just laughed at him, so he was very proud of me!




















My Cheering Section!















Post-race standing with our awards! First and second place!!!!
Hooray for Paula and I!!!!

8 comments:

holly said...

WOW BRIDGE!!! WAY TO GO!!
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!

someday if my back gets better--& i'm allowed to--& you move back--i might try to keep up with you!!

speaking of kiddos growing up and doing cute things and december--i really want some time with my babies--my heart aches for them!! (you too!) if ella wants to--she can stay here a couple of the nights (or all of them)--i would say owen--but we all know about his crib obsession!

miss you guys & again--FABULOUS JOB!!

XOXOX

Heather said...

Yay Bridgie!!!! I am so proud of you, and DANG are you fast! I noticed that time on the clock and boy am I impressed. I may need to fly to Atlanta so you can coach me!

Misty said...

I am so proud of you too. Ummm....I don't run so much any more. I am lucky to go speed walking, so you would eat my dust. And, I am convinced that the crazy altitude in Utah has helped you train for 5ks in other states!

cwilson said...

Good job Bridgette! I'm so glad you have a great friend there to do that kind of stuff with...it does make all the difference! Congrats again and Happy B-day Ella!

"The Savages" said...

Wow that's awesome! I'm so happy hear that you guys are doing great and that you have found a good friend....it's always nice to have a girl friend to chear you up & someone you can always count on. Are you coming in December? ( I read your sis. comment & got real happy). Hope we can see you guys soon!

Take Care!

Paula said...

It was a great day, I am still smiling about it:) You are great and I am so glad you moved here. Thanks for everything and just so you know I am working on my distance now.....so I may see another race in a future.

Elena said...

AWESOME!!! You are my inspiration. I am going to sign up for a run stat!

The Covington Fam said...

Great friend... great mom... great runner... dang is there nothing you can't do!! :)

Love ya!