Friday, January 9, 2009

The battle rages on.......

Owen has recently learned how to climb out of his crib! I never had do deal with this with Ella, so I'm slightly at a loss! It has been an almost napless week, and 2 a.m. bedside wakeups from him! I have spent the last 45 min. putting him back in his room everytime he has climbed out! I think I may have won this particular battle by putting a mattress leaned up against the side of his crib. He was very distraught by it, and is now giving those last few whines of defeat!
Any tips?!

9 comments:

Ashley McKinnon said...

Yeah, you're back!

Well, I never really had to deal with that either. AnnaBelle would start getting out and it scared me so we finally just put her in a toddler bed to keep from her getting hurt. She was at an age where she understood that she couldn't leave her bed and was a lot older than Owen. We would give her money if she stayed in bed all night. Some pennies on the dresser went a long way. Bribes always work. Sorry, not much help. :)

holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
holly said...

sorry...i know he started that at my house when you guys went to party it up in vegas & left me with all your kids :)

at my house, i turned on the music & the fish tank. that seemed to keep him in his bed here!

i don't know if this would be child abuse...but put one of those child-proof door handles on the inside of his room. then at least he can't wake you up in the middle of the night! (he might be screwed if there is a fire though...so maybe its not the best idea!)

or you might just have to keep putting him back into bed until he figures out "you're the boss" & knocks it off!!!

i would gladly have some late-night visits with him... stupid georgia!!!

love you :)

holly said...

just wanted to tell you that when i was typing my other comment kate was taking her "nap"...& by nap i mean, she was throwing everything out of her crib, using it as a trampoline, & laughing her head off!

so refreshing & relaxing!!

cwilson said...

Taylor did that at a young age too and he ended up with bruises all over his tummy from sliding down the rails before dropping to the ground. The other kids thought it was hilarious...so of course he kept doing it. We just put him in a toddler bed so he at least wouldn't get hurt...but it was a nightmare for a while! Good luck with that!

"The Savages" said...

It was so fun seeing you guys! Hopefully next time it'll be us visiting you in beautiful green Georgia....

Little boys are very smart and very very active- they love to climb and get in and out of things. Let me know how the mattress thing works or anything else you may find I'll probably need it for Sean!

Misty said...

Yikes, I wish I had tips. Tristan has gotten out of his crib a couple of times, but I don't think he likes the way it feels when he falls to the ground, so he just stopped. I think the fact that you are being consistent is the most important. Good Luck!

the mama monster said...

we just put eli in a big boy bed. he has done really well so far. if he gets out of bed i threaten to put him back in the "baby bed" and it works like a charm. we alsso let him take a toy car to bed and listen to a book on cd. those have worked with both ezra and eli. good luck!

holly said...

my neighbor has one of those crib tents things & that worked like a charm for her little girl.

babies r us has them.....

i haven't looked any where else!!