Lesson #1 DO NOT TRY TO CAGE YOUR TODDLER IN THEIR CRIB
As you can see from my last post, we were having a problem with Owen climbing out of his crib. I was getting super frustrated and was going to the extremes trying everything! It finally ended up with two twin size mattresses put up against his crib held with a big recliner. He eventually learned how to get out of that as well! I was at the end of my rope.....napless days....sleepless nights......it was then that I finally stopped and thought about how I was approaching the situation. It was not how I like to handle things at all! I always say to myself "You catch more bees with honey!" This is where the lesson set in.......instead of caging him in, and not being loving about it at all....I should try and be nice. So, I took everything out of his room, and when I say everything, I mean everything! We took the front of his crib off, so that it was now a toddler bed. We also put a toddler door latch thing on the inside. I layed with him sang him songs gave him kisses and told him "goodnight" His only options were to either go to bed, or cry at the door(which he has done a few times, but eventually goes to his bed!)
Why I did not think of this in the first place is beyond me, but I guess I'm still learning! We have since gotten him a big boy bed, since he was way to big for the toddler bed, and he sleeps like a champ!
Lesson #2 DO NOT TEACH KICKBOXING IN OLD RUNNING SHOES
Yes, this is what I did. And along with that a little bit of overtraining and you end up with a stressfracture on your foot! I am totally sidelined for who knows how long....and if you know me, this means absolute misery for me! Foot pain is not normal....don't ignore it....it only gets worse!
Thats all for now.....sorry for the lack of posts....I lost my cord that connects my camera to my computer...so as soon as I find it I'll get some posts up about our trip to Utah! Love you all!
6 comments:
Being a mom- always a learning process that's for sure! I hope you find the chord quick- I want to see pics.! Take Care!
You are a smart mom. I like your saying about catching bees with honey. I'm going to have to remember that one! Sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it gets better soon!
owen....i miss that little squirt!!!
i'm glad you figured out something that worked. sleeping at night is great....kate woke up so many times last night, i quit counting!!! but, you'd be so proud of me...once we changed her, that was it...she cried it out!!!!
(loved the bike pic...owen's such a stud!!!)
I am so sorry to hear about your stress fracture. Those are so painful! I had one in highschoolwhen I was favoring my right leg because I had surgery on my left knee. I know how you feel. Hope it gets better fast for you.
p.s. I am so glad you get to come to New York with us. We will have so much fun!!!
Hey there, so I am totally going to call you, but I am lame and out of minutes on my phone. So I can call you on Saturday (unlimited weekend minutes!) or you can call me on my home phone. I feel so nerdy for even saying this.
I am sick about your stress fracture! Does this mean you can't work out at all? Teach classes? Oh man I am so sorry!!! I miss you! I am needing a friend right now and I wish you were here!
I am glad you found something that worked for you - just sorry that it didn't happen sooner!
Post a Comment