Wednesday, July 29, 2009

RECAP!!!!!!

Sooooo, I've been a terrible blogger! I can't believe the summer is almost over, and I will have a kindergartner in a week and a half!
Here is an attempt to recap the goings on of this summer.
We are all doing really great...Chad is finishing up summer semester, which I guess you would have to ask him, but it seems like its been a little easier on him. He has got one year under his belt, and one and a half to go!

It has been really fun having Ella home for the summer. Owen has especially enjoyed it, whenever she is not around he definitely notices and has to have her home right then and there! Ella has matured quite a bit. She has become much more reasonable(if that makes any sense, maybe you have to really know Ella to know what I mean) Last week she proudly announced "Mom, I am a big girl and can take a shower all by myself, get dressed by myself, and blowdry my hair all by myself!" And she definitely does, she does her own hair and everything....most of her cute clothes go unworn....she is all about comfort! My favorite thing she does right now is that she likes to say all of our prayers, and her favorite thing to say in our night time prayer is "Please bless Ella that she will have good dreams, good thoughts, not nightmares, good dreams"
Chad and I chuckle everytime she says it, because it is exactly the same every night...so cute!

Owen....where to start with Owen. This kid is so dang cute, funny, and sometimes really naughty, which he gets away with because he is so stinkin' cute. He definitely loves his sister...mimics everything she does...has to say what she says, walk exactly where she has walked....eat what shes eating...and so on! I don't know what he'll do when she goes back to school! Anyone who knows Owen absolutely loves him. He is growing up so fast, and I keep having to remind myself that he is not a baby anymore.

As for me....I have been a busy Mama! Summer is hard work for a Mom. We have been going swimming, playing with friends, going to the zoo, and whatever else I could come up with to keep them busy. Needless to say, I don't think its possible to keep your home clean during the summer! I have also been keeping busy by teaching my classes at the gym and I just started my own bootcamp on Saturday mornings, both of which I really enjoy doing!
We've gotten to do a few really fun things. I took Chad to Aerosmith for Father's Day, Chad went to Hilton Head for a PA conference, and I got to go to girls camp.
Here are some pictures of our summer!
























































6 comments:

Lori said...

your kids are so dang cute. love the recap, good job. :) thanks for letting me tag along for the last month of your summer fun.

love the pic of Owen with the high heels. gotta keep that one for the wedding video. ;)

Rebecca said...

It looks like you are having a blast! You look amazing and, if it's possible, your kids are even cuter! We miss you here!!!!

holly said...

so excited to see you guys....not that i want to summer to end, but i can't wait for our trip!!! i can't wait for kate & owen to get together...she can also be describe with one word, NAUGHTY!!!! they are going to have so much fun! and, i can't wait to snuggle with ella & watch a movie...you and mom will have to take the "babies" one afternoon so we can (i am prego!)

love you tons!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxo!!!!!

-holly, kate, & will
(yes, i win, its william!!!)

Atsuki said...

Ella and Owen are both grown up! Super CUTE!! AND YOU look good too!! looks like you are having a fun summer in Georgia! I wished I could come see you with Holly and Jane..

Ashley McKinnon said...

I MISS YOU!!!!!

The other day we were driving and AnnaBelle said out of the blue "I miss Ella" and started crying. Funny!

And....I thought you'd be interested to know that I joined Gold's Gym and I go everyday. I know....you just fell off of your chair huh?

the mama monster said...

looks like a fun summer! i wish we could see you guys!