On August 8th we had officially been in Georgia for one year! Can't believe how the time has flown. Our family has done some serious growing since we've been here. Not that we didn't before, but we really love to hang out with just each other. We were a little bit forced to rely on each other and not always have people to see or places to go.
Chad is done with with one year of PA school...crazy...he is that much closer to achieving his goal, and I couldn't be more proud. He is the smartest person I know. The PA program is extremely demanding, and to be doing that while also taking care of his wife and children is no small feat. I am one lucky girl!
Ella has gotten so big, and I am loving her new sense of maturity. She is now able to handle situations in a "calm way" (this is what I've been trying to teach her forever! All of those talks are finally paying off!) She does wonderfully at school, and her teachers love her. To quote her kindergartner teacher "Ella is just, well......my everything!"
Kids gravitate to Ella, and she is definitely a leader. She has even got an admirer in her class already whom, to get her attention, pulls her hair on the bus. haha! His mom has told me that he comes home everyday and tells her everything Ella did...even what she was wearing! Not real sure how I feel about that!
Owen....the cute little stinker. He is big and he is all boy! Except when it comes to colors..."I want the pink one!" This of course is because Ella typically gets the pink one. For all his toughness he is also very sensitive (he gets that from his Dad) He really cares about his friends and how they are feeling, and asks about them all day. "Where's Beagan (aka Reagan who is his newest best friend) "is Beagan night nights too?" or "Idia (aka Lydia whom we are not telling her Dad, but they love to give eachother kisses and hugs when they play)
Yesterday when I sneezed in the car, I hear a "Bless you" from the back seat. I had not thought to teach him this yet, and thought it was absolutely adorable.
Me........
What I miss about Utah(in no particular order)
running with Lilli
hanging out with Holly every day
Cafe Rio (oh how I miss Cafe Rio)
mountains
Mom
Dad
Brothers
Seeing my kids interact with my Mom and Dad
Seeing Ella get snuggle time with Auntie Holly
my adorable neices and nephews(I've got a lot of them!)
Sunday dinner at my in laws house
Did I mention Lilli? talking with Lilli, getting sound advice from Lilli, Lilli's kids, Lilli's husband
Bookclub
What I like about Georgia
diversity (I think its a good thing for our kids to see that not everyone is the same, and how our faith helps our family to be happy)
Trees!
Paula
Lori
Lisa
Keisha
Sarah
The Leornards
Teaching my classes at the gym and my boot camp
Year round running weather
All day long kindergarten
Beaches so very close
Our house.....so nice to finally have space
Amazing parks
So of course like anyone else we have our share of struggles and life is not always perfect. Sometimes I want to come running home to Utah, but I remind myself that Georgia is now home for awhile, and I am so grateful for the people we've met, and the great friends I have. I suppose you could say the move to Georgia has been a success!
5 comments:
I can't believe you guys have been there a year! Time flies! We missed you at the reunion...people were asking about you (but I think most knew you were in Georgia, thanks to facebook!) We were talking about how you were the glue that held us all together and that we don't see eachother if you're not around!:( When are you coming for a visit?!
i am sure utah misses you, i know i would if i knew you back then. personally, i am SO thankful you are in GA right now. huge freakin blessing in my life. pretty much my favorite aspect of GA thusfar. so...you can miss utah all you want but you don't get to go anywhere else any time soon. :)
i will second your "i miss cafe rio" saaad. Chipotle just doesn't cut it, does it?
I can't believe times gone by so quick- 1 whole year Wow! We miss you guys for sure!
i miss you.......and i miss seeing ella and owen growing up. it makes me sad just to think about it.
but, i am glad that we have things like our blogs! otherwise, i wouldn't get to see your day-to-day life (& kate wouldn't get to look at pictures of her cousins!!)
we love you & are counting down the days until our trip....its getting close!!!! mom keeps calling me with "things" she has thought of & i love it...she's a little bit excited too!!
squeeze those babies until i can do it in person :)
While I know you miss Utah, I can honestly say that I am so happy you moved here and we have gotten to know each other. I moved back home from Utah almost 6 (man I am OLD) years ago and I STILL miss Cafe Rio.
Post a Comment